Chief Executive Officer Position Summary
The CEO will lead and direct the total operation of the United Way of Pitt County (UWPC) promoting the organization's mission of "mobilizing resources and leadership to build a stronger community, while supporting an organizational culture of integrity, transparency and service. The CEO will implement the organization's strategic framework and lead the organization toward advancing its mission by creating new revenue sources, establishing innovative community partnerships that build strong programs, and growing UWPC's leadership giving initiative through donor cultivation. The CEO will be responsible for creating a compelling vision that will define the UWPC as a strong collaborative partner in advancing response to community needs.
Reporting to and partnering with the board of trustees, the CEO is responsible for all organizational activities, including providing leadership and direction to staff, ensuring proper fiscal and operational management, establishing and maintaining s collaborative relationships within the public, private and nonprofit sectors.
- Review data from the most current community needs assessment as well as input from multiple sources, including external and internal constituents in order to develop strategies that are responsive to identified needs.
- Support the continual development and implementation of a strategic framework and annual operating plan that is innovative and sustainable.
- Convene and participate in external meetings, councils, forums, etc. To ensure the organization has the most current and relevant information to use in decision making.
- Report regularly to the trustees on organization activities and progress toward meeting annual plan goals and strategic objectives.
- Work with the Chair of the Board to develop the agenda for board meetings that allow the members to fulfill their fiduciary responsibilities and provide the opportunity for strategic discussion on organizational imperatives.
- Participate in the development of operational policies, ensuring consistent and proper execution.
- Provide oversight for the organization's investments, budgets, and financial reporting.
- Be the chief fundraiser for UWPC.
- Oversee all major donor relationships and fundraising strategies.
- Develop creative strategies, plans, and staffing to achieve financial goals.
- Convene discussions and activities with major donors, community leaders, community partners, and staff related to community issues, growth opportunities, and the organization's mission.
- Partner with external organizations to encourage the exchange of information and the building of collaborations to maximize impact.
- Champion innovative approaches to addressing community issues.
- Provide leadership in response to local, state or national disasters or crisis situations.
Experience & Qualifications
- Five or more years successful senior management experience at a board-run social impact organization
- Hands on experience with diverse business management functions such as marketing, stakeholder relationship building, public relations, corporate governance, & general management best practices etc.
- Experience with fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector: Candidates should demonstrate quantifiable success in fundraising with a proven track record in donor stewardship.
- Superior written, verbal communication and public speaking skills are essential. The individual must be able to effectively communicate within large group presentations, board of trustee meetings, standing committee meetings, community partner meetings and 1-1 meetings with current and prospective donors.
- Ability to convey the vision of the United Way of Pitt County’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Professional presence, leadership, and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational leadership abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Leadership style that prioritizes consensus building and collaboration within the organization and in the target community
- Strong understanding of social equity and its programmatic applications
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- A capacity to understand and embrace new technology
- The power to inspire
To apply for this position, plase visit United Way Worldwide Creers platform.